Terms and Conditions
Visitravel Ltd (Gulliver Ireland)
Who can enter?
1. The competition is open to all amateur photographers – individuals who do not generate income from the taking of photographs.
2. The candidate must have taken the photographs entered - copies of another photographer’s work are not permitted.
3. The competition is not open to employees or family members of employees of Gulliver Ireland, FEXCO and subsidiaries.
4. The competition is not open to employees or family members of employees of John Hinde Limited.
What must I do?
5. All competition entries must be made online by submitting your photograph at http://www.goireland.com/photos/enter.htm. The candidate must retain the original photograph. Photographs received by post will not be accepted.
6. Each entry must be accompanied by the candidate’s contact details (to include first name, last name, email address, contact telephone number, home address and country of origin). The location and county of the photograph entered must also be provided.
7. Only photographs up to a maximum size of 3MB and saved in Jpeg(jpg) format will be accepted.
8. Candidates can submit any number of images.
9. Where the photograph contains images of people, it is the responsibility of the candidate and the candidate hereby confirms and warrants that a) he/she has informed the individual that he/she shall submit the photograph to the GoIreland.com Photography Awards competition and b) that he/she has obtained the individual’s consent to the submission of the photograph to the competition and c) the photograph does not infringe either national law or local by-laws.
10. If requested, candidates shall deliver such original consents to Gulliver Ireland to demonstrate compliance with this provision. Any and all loss suffered by Gulliver Ireland for failure to obtain such consent shall be borne by the candidate.
11. Candidates will retain copyright in their submitted entries. However, by entering the competition the candidate grants to Gulliver Ireland and Nova Rentacar Reservations Limited a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual, assignable licence to publish and use the entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity purposes. In particular the candidate licenses Gulliver Ireland the right to feature their photograph on the GoIreland.com web site. The candidate waives all moral rights they may have to the photograph as a condition of entry.
What can I win?
12. The overall winning candidate will receive an Olympus E-PL1 digital camera.
13. The photograph voted as the overall winner of the GoIreland.com Photography Awards for 2011 and the 11 runner up photographs may be reproduced as a calendar by the John Hinde Company. No fee shall be payable to either the winning candidate or those placed in 2nd to 12th place for production or distribution of the photographs
14. Winning and runner up photographs and photographers may be featured in some media coverage at the time of selection.
When is the deadline?
15. The deadline for the submission of images is 31st of March 2012.
16. The winner and runners up will be announced on or before the 31st March 2012.
17. The decision of the judging panel is final and no discussions will be entered into.
18. By entering the competition, candidates agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.