Start at Aston Quay - N4
Take a right onto Blackhall Bridge.
Continue forward onto Blackhall Place - R805.
Continue forward onto Stoneybatter - R804.
Continue forward onto Manor Street - R805 .
At traffic signals bear left onto Navan Road - N3 .
At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Navan Road - N3 (signposted Cavan, Navan).
At Auburn Avenue Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N3. Travelodge ( Dublin - Castleknock) .
At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Navan Road - N3 (signposted Cavan).
At Blanchardstown Roundabout take the second exit onto Blanchardstown Bypass - N3 (signposted Cavan, Navan) Drive Straight for 6 miles .
Turn left onto the R154 (signposted Trim)
Continue forward onto the R154. Entering Batterstown.
Continue forward onto the R154 to Trim till you reach a new round about (just passed a filling station on left) Take a left at the roundabout (1 st exit) and arrive at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort.
Knightsbrook Hotel and Golf Course boasts an 18 hole Championship course which was designed by Christy O’Connor Junior. This beautiful and challenging course includes a spacious clubhouse with locker rooms and a well stocked golf shop.
Health Club facilities within the hotel
· High Tech Gymnasium
· 17m Swimming Pool
· Feature Children’s section
· Sauna & Steam Room
· Jacuzzi and Hydro Pool
· Children’s soft play area
Golf, fishing, walking and cycling can all be enjoyed locally.
Trim Castle was founded by Hugh De Lacy, who was granted the kingdom of Meath. In 1173 the work commenced on the castle. Because Trim was close to the Pale, yet outside it, it was embroiled between the native Irish and the settlers. De Lacy left the castle in the hands of Hugh Tyrell, but Roderick O'Connor, King of Connaught marched in to Trim village. Tyrell set fire to the castle rather than have O'Connor destroy it. The castle was eventually finished in 1220, by the Peppard Brothers. The castle did house two royal children, Prince Henry, later Henry V, and his brother Humphrey. But was chiefly unoccupied after their incarceration by Richard II. During the rebellion of Silken Thomas, it was repaired, but fell into ruins by 1599. It was used again briefly, by Lord Fennick and the Cromwellites, but was never used again after the English civil war.
Newgrange is one of the great wonder of the ancient world and is older than the pyramids in Egypt and has long evoked the wonder of archaeologists worldwide. Till this day secrets, such the cryptic symbolism of its decorated stones, remain inviolate.
Hill of Tara
The Hill of Tara is famous as the seat of the High Kings of Ireland and has been an important historic site since the Stone Age.
Other places of interest
St. John's Castle, Trim, County Meath.
The Yellow Steeple, Trim, County Meath.
Kells, County Meath.