Adare is well known for it's wonderful shops, including crafts, boutiques and antique shops. Other things to do while you are staying at the Dunraven Arms:
- Visit the Adare Heritage Centre
- Guided tours to the recently restored Desmond Castle
- walk along the River Maigue, or indeed, fish in this well stocked river
- Play in the two 18 hole golf courses, including Adare Manor, home of the Irish Open
- Clonshire Equestrian Centre
- Stonehall Farm
- Limerick Racecourse
- The Celtic Gardens
- Walks in Curraghchase Forest Park
Drive to the Georgian city of Limerick and visit
- the Hunt Museum
- King John’s Castle
- enjoy a concert at the University Concert Hall
- a play at the Belltable Theatre.
Other amenities suitable for a day trip are Bunratty Castle, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle and the golf courses of Doonbeg, Lahinch and Ballybunion.