- Ventry is a picturesque village approx 7km beyond the town of Dingle in County Kerry
- Ventry is a area blessed with unspoilt beauty. This is where you may see upturned Currachs (canvas covered canoes) on the beach.
- Follow the road marked Slea Head Drive round Ireland's most westerly point.
- The whole area is riddled with forts, souterrains, standing stones and crosses; you need a good detailed map to explore them all.
- On the hill-sides you will pass a number of strange little stone huts known as beehives or clochans. There are over 400 in the area altogether. Some farmers may charge you to visit these, and the more perfect specimens may have been reconstructed from the original stones as storage places.
- Oh and don't forget to call into Páidi O Sé's traditional Irish pub where you may be able to hear the locals converse in their local tongue
Select another location in Kerry: