Directions from Farranfore Airport.
1. Turn left leaving the airport and drive to Farranfore (about 3/4 minutes).
2. Tur left at the end of this road onto the N22 to Killarney.
3. Continue on the N22 for 8/9 miles.
4. At first roundabout coming into Killarney (Cleeny Roundabout) take the 3rd exit onto the N72 (signposted Killorglin, Dingle N86) for about 400 metres.
5. At next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the N72 (signposted Killorglin, Dingle N86).
6. Continue on the N72 through Fossa (about 2/3miles).
7. As you leave Fossa, take left signposted Gap of Dunloe.
8. Follow this road for about 1.5 miles, crossing River Laune and passing the Dunloe Golf Club. Follow the road around the sharp left at the Dunloe Castle Hotel sign.
9. Take the left signposted Gap of Dunloe. Rowantree bungalow is 800 metres on the left at the bottom of small dip in the road.
1. Take the N72 to Fossa (about 2/3miles).
2. After Fossa, take left signposted Gap of Dunloe.
3. Follow this road for about 1.5 miles, crossing the River Laune and passing the Dunloe Golf Club.
4. Take a sharp left turn at the Dunloe Castle Hotel and then take the left signposted Gap of Dunloe. Rowantree bungalow is 800 metres on the left, at the bottom of small dip in the road.
South Kerry is arguably the most beautiful and dramatic part of Ireland. Rowantree lies in the Gap of Dunloe, within walking distance of Killarney National Park, which has been described as "probably the loveliest part of Ireland if not Europe." The house is a 30-minute drive away from Kerry Airport and 20 minutes from Killarney town centre. Cork Airport and Cork harbour are approximately an hour and a half away.
Rowantree offers you the opportunity to stay in a rare and precious location for those who recognise its majestic and inherent value. The Gap of Dunloe, protected by planning laws, is a wild and untamed place that has remained largely unchanged for thousands of years, with mountains older than the Himalayas.
Situated on the Gap road on the route into the mountain, Rowantree has no near neighbours and the rear of the house is a wonderland of interesting wildlife, birds, horses, and deer in the mornings and evenings.
With the mountain wrapping itself like a blanket around the house, this is a place of contemplation where you can simply step back from your busy life and take sanctuary in the beauty of the area. This is definitely a place where you can reconnect. It is a place that generates an energy that becomes even more awesome as you climb into the mountains, a breathtaking journey that must be experienced.