Ring Of Kerry
- The Ring of Kerry is Ireland's most famous drive. It is a driving tour loop of County Kerry showcasing 170km of the most beautiful Irish scenery you are likely to see!
- It is advisable to begin your journey in Killarney and to do it anti-clockwise. You can either take a bus tour from Killarney or do a self driving tour.
- You should give yourself a whole day to do the route and start early in the morning.
- From Killarney, you'll travel along the banks of the River Laune until Killorglin, the home of Puck Fair, and then take the coast road and see the magnificent views of the beach at Glenbeigh and the Blasket Islands at the mouth of Dingle Bay. In Caherciveen it's possible to take the elevator to the top of the former barracks and see the countryside for miles around. If you have time Valentia Island is well worth a visit. Waterville and Derrynane are known worldwide for their beaches, walks and angling, as well as their archaeological sites. From here your routes takes you to Ireland's most picturesque village, Sneem, and along the coast road to beautiful Kenmare. The journey has a grand finale in the drive from Moll's Gap to Killarney.
- There's lots of accommodation on the 'Ring of Kerry' if you'd like to stop off and explore it at a slower pace.
Select another location in Kerry: