- Portmagee is described as a hidden gem just off the Ring of Kerry
- The village is also famous for it's traditional pubs and restaurants where you can mingle with the friendly locals
- This pretty fishing village lies at the bridge which joins Valentia Island to the mainland.
- Portmagee is the main departure point for the Skellig Rocks - a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Just across this bridge is 'The Skellig Experience' centre.
- Portmagee is also known for celebrating and ringing in the 'Old Year' as opposed to the 'New Year'!
Select another location in Kerry: