- Often thought of as a destination that you just drive through, Castleisland has grown in recent years to be quite a commercialised tourist friendly town.
- Situated in the centre of Kerry, the county that is known as the Kingdom, Castleisland is located near Kerry Airport in Farranfore and the principal towns of Tralee and Killarney.
- If you are a keen shopper there are some fabulous boutiques to be found in the town.
- There are many pubs here also – a great place to mingle with the locals.
- Castleisland is located in the heart of Sliabh Luachra, an area in Kerry, which has a strong tradition of Irish music and dance.
- If you head just outside the town there are many small villages where you will come across some of the best musicians in the country.
- Crag Caves are located just outside the town on the Limerick road. A visit to Crag Caves will delight and fascinate all ages and the friendly guides will explain the origins of the cave and introduce visitors to a world older than mankind! An experience not to be missed!
Select another location in Kerry: