- Caherdaniel is a pictureque village located about half way around the Ring of Kerry
- The village of Caherdaniel is beyond Westcove, near the shore of Derrynane Bay.
- In the vicinity is the curious hermitage of St. Crohane, hewn out of solid rock; about a mile (2 km) away is an ancient stone fort, similar in construction though smaller than Staigue.
- Near by is Derrynane House, with its historic park, was once the home of Daniel O' Connell, the 'Liberator' who lived and worked there during his political life.
- Just about one mile from the village is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - Derrynane Beach
- The house, now excellently restored, contains a museum with O' Connell's personal possessions and furniture. It is open to the public all year round.
Select another location in Kerry: