- Beaufort is a charming village located is the heart of Mid Kerry about 10km west of Killarney town
- It has the most picturesque location at the foot of the McGillycuddy Reeks, Ireland's highest mountain range with Carrauntoohill peaking at (3414 feet)
- Head for Beaufort if you want to visit the world renowned Gap of Dunloe - a fine example of a glacial valley. You can walk, cycle or take a pony and trap through the valley (approx 7miles)
- Kate Kearneys Cottage is also located at the start of the Gap of Dunloe
- Be sure to visit the Beaufort Bar where you can have a pint with the locals or have a meal in the very popular restaurant.
- Mountain climbing, golfing, pony trekking and boating are just some of the activities to enjoy in Beaufort
Select another location in Kerry: