- Ballyferriter is a beautiful village located about a 20 minute drive west of Dingle town in County Kerry
- The quaint Irish-speaking village can be found at the shore of Smerwick Harbour and is a year round destination for people who want to learn Irish
- Attractions to see in the area include an iron age promontory fort located near the harbour and Ballyferriter Museum
- Near Ballyferriter is the Riasc Stone and the recently excavated site of the ancient monastery.
- East of Ballyferriter the road through Emlagh should be followed to reach Kilmalkedar, where the view of the Brandon range to the east is magnificent.
Select another location in Kerry: