Genealogy Centres in Fermanagh
The Heritage Centre
26 Market Square
N Ireland Ê
Chief Surnames of County Tyrone and County Fermanagh
Murphy, Hughes, Wilson, Devlin, McManus, Armstrong, Donnelly, O'Neill, Quinn, Cassidy and Maguire.
Heritage World offers a Full Service to enquirers whose ancestors hailed from Counties Fermanagh and Tyrone in the northern province of Ulster. Heritage World has access to church, civil, land and census returns.
- Roman Catholic records commence in 1773
- Church of Ireland (Anglican/Episcopalian) records commence in 1600
- Presbyterian records from 1759
Civil Birth, Death and Marriage Records up to 1922 have also been computerised.
The Centre also holds copies of:
- 1901 Census for the nine Ulster counties
- Partial 1821 Census
- Griffith's Valuation for All-Ireland 1848-1864
- Tithe Applotment Books for North of Ireland 1823-1837
- Cemetery inscriptions for over nine hundred cemeteries throughout the North of Ireland
- Transportation records
- Index to the RIC Records 1816-1922 (All-Ireland)
- 1796 Flax Premium Lists (All-Ireland)
- Land Registry Books (index) 1828-1904 (All-Ireland)
- Index to Wills 1858 onwards
- Trade and Street Directories.
The centre has access to over eight million records.
Famous People with Tyrone and Fermanagh roots
U.S. Presidents; Bill Clinton, Woodrow Wilson and Ulysses S. Grant have their family roots in these counties.
Main Towns in Co Tyrone and Co Fermanagh
Omagh, Enniskillen, Dungannon, Strabane, Cookstown.