- Recess, set among superb lake and mountain scenery, is one of the choicest beauty spots of Connemara.
- It can be found right in the heart of Connemara just about a 15 minute drive from Clifden
- On one side is Glendalough Lake and on the other Derryclare Lough.
- North of Derryclare, Lough Inagh stretches along the glaciated valley of Glen inagh, separating the Twelve Bens from the Maamturk Mountains.
- Recess is a well-known angling resort and has green marble quarries.
Select another location in Galway: