- Portumna is a town situated in south-east Galway, 20 miles (33 km) from Ballinasloe.
- Portumna is well known as a fishing centre and marina for Lough Derg and the Shannon.
- It has a 9 hole golf course and you can also try yout hand at tennis.
- Outside the town are the imposing ruins of Portumna Castle.
- Portumna Forest Park is one mile (2 km) from the town on the Ennis road. This wildlife sanctuary of one thousand acres borders Lough Derg and has a laid out nature trail and many lovely forest walks.
Select another location in Galway: