- The delightful village of Oughterard is the chief angling centre on Lough Corrib.
- It's located approximately 27km north of Galway city
- A detour to the right in the village square will bring you by some of the most scenic shorelines of Lough Corrib.
- After a journey of 13km, the road stops rather abruptly opposite the wooded Hill of Doon. There are breath-taking views here of the north eastern arm of Lough Corrib as it dramatically fades into the distance towards the mountains and valleys of Connemara.
- Return to Oughterard, taking the road to the right named 'scenic route', from where panoramic views of the lake are obtained again.
Select another location in Galway: