- Clarinbridge, on the Galway/Gort road, lies in the heart of Galway oyster country about a 15 minute drive south of Galway city
- Be sure to visit Paddy Burke's Oyster Tavern which is internationally famous.
- The famous Galway Oyster Festival was founded here by the late Paddy Burke and each September events of the Clarinbridge Oyster Festival are held in the open air in the village.
- The rich oyster beds lie close by, caressed by the invigorating waters of Galway Bay.
- A visit to the local church will reveal an ancient stone tablet in its porch showing a rather fine carving of the Virgin Mary standing on a crescent moon and crowned with stars.
Select another location in Galway: