- Carna is a picturesque corner of west Connemara about 50km west of Galway city
- Carna is situated at the head of Iorras Aintheach Peninsula and is an ideal place from which to explore this vast area of rocky hills, lakes, endless shorelines with fine sandy beaches and islands.
- It is also a lobster fishing centre and University College Galway operates a marine biology station here.
- One can now drive on to Maoinis (Mweenish) Island, where many of the old Connemara sailing craft (Galway Hooker,Gleoiteoigs, Leath Bhaids and Pucans) were built.
- Enjoy the wonderful views of deep blue/green seas filled with islands stretching as far as the eye can see southwards towards Golam Head off Lettermullen.
- Carna is located in the Gaeltacht so you will be able to hear Irish people converse in their native tongue
Select another location in Galway: