- Ballyconneely is a beautiful village located in Connemara in County Galway.
- It can be found about 10km south from Clifden and is the entry point to the Errismore Peninsula.
- It is an ideal place from which to explore the many fine beaches, some with coral strands, situated along the nearby Ballyconneely and Mannion Bays.
- In recent times, evidence of early coastal settlement stretching back 5,000 years, including middens or ancient rubbish heaps of burnt stone, charcoal, shells, as well as stone blades have been found along the shorelines and add to the excitement of exploration.
- The world famous Connemara Pony is bred in Ballyconneely
- There is a magnificent 18 hole golf course located here
Select another location in Galway: