- Macroom is a busy market town in the valley of the Sullane River.
- The town has a colourful history and a range of activities for the visitor, making this an ideal destination for a relaxing vacation in County Cork.
- Go fishing in the local river or go golfing at Macroom Golf Club and other surrounding clubs.
- You can also enjoy hill walking or cycling as the area has various trails and pathways.
- Macroom is a great base for exploring and there are alot of historical sights worth visiting in the surrounding hinterland
- In the town centre, you can see the Castle Arch - remainder of Macroom Castle
- If you are travelling on the N21 from Cork city to Killarney you'll pass through Macroom
- It's approx 40km from Cork and 46km from Killarney
Select another location in Cork: