- Glengarriff is one of Ireland's most picturesque villages lying in the heart of a beautiful glen.
- Famous for its breathtaking scenery, it is one of the most popular tourist resorts in the country.
- It is situated between the mountains and the sea overlooking beautiful Bantry Bay
- Glengariff Harbour has the appearance of a lovely land-locked estuary or a lake dotted with a hundred wooded islets; its entrance is guarded by the island of Ilnaculin or Garnish Island whose famous and beautiful gardens are open to the public.
- Other interesting attractions closeby include; Glengarriff Nature Reserve, Blue Pool Park, a bamboo park, a sculpture garden and a 9 hole golf course
- There's also a wide range of water activities to enjoy in Glengarriff
- Glengarriff is the ideal base for touring as it's just a 30 minute drive from Kenmare in County Kerry and about a 15 minute drive from Bantry town.
Select another location in Cork: