- Charleville is a town located about 60km north of Cork city close to the Limerick border in County Cork
- In the cemetry at Charleville (Rath Luirc) is the grave of the celebrated Gaelic poet, Sean Clarach Mac Domhnaill (1691-1754).
- The name Charleville commemorated King Charles II, but the town changed back to its old Irish name in the 1920's.
- It is the home of Golden Vale Co-operative Creameries, one of the largest milk processing and cheese processing plants in Ireland
- The lively town has numerous pubs, restaurants and a nightclub
Select another location in Cork: