- Castletownbere is a colourful fishing town located on the Beara Peninsula in County Cork
- This is the main western town (but a very small one) of the long and very lovely peninsula of Beara which terminates in Dursey Island away out in the Atlantic.
- Offshore is Bere Island, where a sailing school is based.
- Castletownbere has the second largest fishing fleet in Ireland, coming next only to Killybegs in Co Donegal.
- About 3km west you'll find a signpost to Dunboy Castle. It was the scene of a dramatic episode of the Elizabethan Wars in 1602.
Select another location in Cork: