- Located along the Midleton-Youghal road,
- Castlemartyr Wood with its landscaped grounds, or its neighbouring Lough Aderry lake, are pleasant stopping or picnic points.
- The castle saw tempestuous times. It was owned by the agent of the Earl of Desmond, and in 1581 the Earl of Ormond hanged the agent's mother in sight of the walls.
- Its several subsequent owners included Sir Walter Raleigh, the notorious Richard Boyle and Murrough (nicknamed The Burner) O'Brien.
- It's difficult to imagine all that warfare in this peaceful leafy place…
Select another location in Cork: