- The town of Bandon can be found in West Cork about 35 km west of Cork city
- A busy market town in a fertile agricultural district, straddling the Bandon River.
- It is also a well-known angling centre.
- It was established by the great Earl of Cork, Richard Boyle, who acquired vast estates in Munster in 1608, having arrived from England with no more than twenty pounds, a diamond ring, a gold bracelet and his clothes
- Bandon make a great base for touring Cork as it's only 20km from Kinsale and 20km from Clonakility
Select another location in Cork: