- The traditional farming community of Ballinhassig is situated on the N71 within 10km of Cork City.
- This gateway to West Cork offers visitors a full range of facilities including restaurants and pubs with free Irish entertainment.
- The area is known for road bowling and a thriving equestrian environment, featuring hunting, point-to-point meetings, gymkhanas, riding centres and horse breeders.
- Locally, a typical working Open Farm hosts a range of farm animals including unusual breeds, allowing adults and children first hand views of farm life. The farm is signposted off the N71.
- The village of Halfway offers free access to an agricultural and transport museum displaying examples of machinery, vehicles and farming implements of a bygone era.
- The village is overlooked by a unique feat of engineering, a massive stone viaduct built circa 1850.
- Accommodation available here includes; Ballinhassig Bed & Breakfast and Ballinhassig farmhouses
Select another location in Cork: