- Ballincollig is now a rapidly growing satellite town of Cork City.
- It had, during the last century, an enormous gunpowder factory known as Powdermills, sited beside the River Lee. This has now been turned into a recreation area, and you can walk through the various old buildings and see the canals which worked the grinding wells and carried materials from one place to another.
- The Irish Army is still in residence at the old Ballincollig Cavalry barracks.
- To the immediate south is the private ruin of Ballincollig Castle, it belonged to the Barretts and dates from the time of Edward III.
- Accommodation available in Ballincollig; Ballincollig hotels
Select another location in Cork: